"But with an LP of Diana Krall singing Joni Mitchell’s “A Case of You,” the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, so powerfully physical was the presence of the singer in the room." - John Atkinson, Stereophile.
" ... stunning- not just one of the best systems at CES, but one of the best demo systems we've heard, period." -Paul Bolin & Marc Mickelson, The Audio Beat
M7-HPA Amps and Model Seven/Mk II Speakers: Best Sound CES 2014- John Atkinson, Stereophile, Best of Show T.H.E. Newport 2014- Dennis Davis, The Audio Beat, Best of Show New York Audio Show 2014- Alan Taffel, The Absolute Sound, Best of Show CES 2015- Paul Bolin & Marc Mickelson, The Audio Beat, Best of Show T.H.E. Newport 2015- Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound
Meet Vandersteen Audio's liquid-cooled M7-HPA (High-Pass Amplifier), the revolutionary next step in power amplifier design and loudspeaker performance. The dramatic reduction in distortion realized by Vandersteen’s patented Perfect-Piston™ drivers (US patent #8320604) made it clear to Richard Vandersteen that the next frontier of speaker performance would only be achieved by designing a radical new state-of-the-art amplifier from the ground up, exclusively for Vandersteen’s time- and phase-correct powered subwoofers and/or powered-bass loudspeaker systems.
Vandersteen, for years, has employed amplifiers custom-tailored to each design in Vandersteen’s subwoofers and the equalized bass sections in its powered-bass loudspeakers in conjunction with passive 100Hz high-pass filters for the ultimate performance. When paired with a Vandersteen-powered subwoofer and/or a powered-bass Vandersteen speaker like the flagship Model Seven Mk II with the M7-HPA monoblock, a complete system is formed in which the amplification over the entire frequency range is driven by perfectly tailored amplification.
Richard Vandersteen is responsible for the M7-HPA’s overall design and architecture; the amplifier was developed and built in partnership between Vandersteen Audio and Dean Klinefelter, a talented designer and engineer in his own right.
M7-HPA monoblocks with a Vandersteen powered-bass speaker system is the ultimate expression of Richard Vandersteen’s philosophies on design and performance, formed over decades of industry-leading design and research, and innovation.
M7-HPA Design and Performance Features:
- 600-Watts Into 4 Ohms
- Zero-Feedback Hybrid-Tube Design With Tube Gain And Driver Stages and Dual Single-Ended Circuits Connected By The Speaker Load
- Liquid Cooled For Precise Temperature Control/Operating-Point-Of-Output Transistors
- All Signal Transistors NPN Bipolars
- Minimal Circuit Path (5 Parts in the Signal Path)
- No Emitter Resistors in Output Stage
- 10 Separate Power Supplies
- All Analog Circuit Logic – NO DIGITAL PROCESSING OF ANY KIND]
- Integral 100Hz High-Pass Filter
- Solid-Aluminum-Billet Chassis Construction
- All Active Circuitry Mounted On “Floating” Truss With HRS Vibration Isolation
- Proprietary Solid-Silver Speaker Cables With Dielectric-Bias System (DBS)
- Made In The USA